[GRASS-dev] status of g-ps.map

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 06:39:37 EDT 2007

Hi,
some people were asking, if I could make old G-PS.map (GUI to ps.map)
available.

It is still available on the server (just hidden), the most "fresh"
source code can be downloaded and used from  [1], feel free to continue
in it's development.

However, g-ps.map was only proof-of-the-concept. I was experimenting
with various programming languages (python) and graphical toolkits
(tk,gtk,wxwidgets) to find out, which one would be suitable for GRASS.
G-ps.map was written in python, using PyGTK bindings. Currently wxGRASS
is written using WxWidgets. You should take g-ps.map code only for
inspiration (or better not, I had no clue about GUI programming that
time), do not expect too much from it. The best, what you, who wants to
continue in the development, can do is to help with wxGRASS development
and to add this GUI for map creation.

BTW, what surprises me most is, that it is still working [2].

Jachym

[1] http://les-ejk.cz/files/programs/grass/gpsmap-0.1.2.tgz
[2] http://les-ejk.cz/tmp/gpsmap.png
--