[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-SVN] r32550 - grass/trunk/raster/r.colors

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Aug 6 17:37:50 EDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 5:47 PM, Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:

> Markus Neteler wrote:
>
>> > Modified:
>> >   grass/trunk/raster/r.colors/main.c
>> > Log:
>> > Remove color=rules (redundant; use -i instead)
>>
>> I have updated the description.html accordingly.
>>
>> But:
>> -i Enter rules interactively
>>
>> I find this description somewhat misleading for the example in
>> description.html (think newcomer here):
>>
>> "The color table can then by assigned to map 'threecats' by the following
>> GRASS command:
>>
>> cat rules.file | r.colors -i map=threecats
>> "
>>
>> Suggestions for better wording in the flag description (main.c)?
>
>        "Read rules from standard input (stdin)"
> ?

Possibly you didn't submit? Or am I looking at the wrong file?

[neteler at markus r.colors]$ pwd
/home/neteler/grass70/raster/r.colors
[neteler at markus r.colors]$ nl main.c

     1  /****************************************************************************
     2   *
     3   * MODULE:       r.colors
     4   *
     5   * AUTHOR(S):    Michael Shapiro - CERL
     6   *               David Johnson
     7   *
     8   * PURPOSE:      Allows creation and/or modification of the color table
     9   *               for a raster map layer.
   180      flag.i = G_define_flag();
   181      flag.i->key = 'i';
   182      flag.i->description = _("Enter rules interactively");

?
Markus