[GRASS-dev] 7.x Status Update

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Aug 12 18:43:21 EDT 2008

Moritz Lennert wrote:

> > Can you get the GUI to display the exact commands being used, and
> > check whether the problem exists when the command is run from the
> > shell?
>
> Nope, everything runs fine from the shell, with e.g. the following command:
>
> d.vect map=boundary_county at PERMANENT color=0:0:0 lcolor=0:0:0
> fcolor=170:170:170 display=shape type=point,line,boundary,area
> icon=basic/circle size=5 layer=1 lsize=8 xref=left yref=center llayer=1

This produces a blank image with the cairo driver, but works with the
PNG driver. I'll look into it today.

> Idem with a line layer:
>
> d.vect map=elev_contour_3m at PERMANENT color=0:0:0 lcolor=0:0:0
> fcolor=170:170:170 display=shape
> type=point,line,boundary,centroid,area,face icon=basic/circle size=5
> layer=1 lsize=8 xref=left yref=center llayer=1

ERROR: Vector map <elev_contour_3m at PERMANENT> not found

> works perfectly on the command line, but cannot display in either gui.
> What I do see, though is a straight vertical line at the far right of
> the display area.

I suspect that's just the code which draws a border around the current
frame.

> > It is supposed to be a drop-in replacement for the PNG driver, but
> > there may well be factors which I have overlooked.
>
> So, nothing else but PNG for now ?

It supports PPM/PGM, BMP (32-bpp, can be mapped) and PNG image
formats, as well as PDF, PS and SVG vector formats, and output to an
X11 drawable. I haven't tested the last one, but all of the file
output cases work. For the above test case, the vector formats work
even without the centroids.