[GRASS-dev] erratic behavior of v.in.ascii with WinGRASS
hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Mon Feb 4 22:23:16 EST 2008
On Feb 4, 2008, at 9:45 PM, Michael Barton wrote:
> On Feb 4, 2008, at 7:23 PM, Hamish wrote:
>> Michael Barton wrote:
>>> I've run into a problem running v.in.ascii for WinGRASS importing an
>>> ASCII points file. Sometimes it works OK. Other times, it causes a
>>> Windows dbf.exe error but still gets the job done. In most cases, it
>>> causes a dbf.exe error and only imports the first point--with a coor
>>> Here are a couple of other pieces of information.
>> can you 1) run it with 'g.gisenv DEBUG=5' and 2) make the input file
>> and exact command line used available.
>> how about if you skip DB creation with '-t'?
> We've used several files to test. But the main one is from the N.
> Carolina demo data set, external files for import <http://
that file was actually output from GRASS - this is the command:
r.what -f elevation,landuse96_28m null=-9999 < schools.txt >
the original file is here (I assume that one works):
Apparently I haven't tried to import it. It was probably generated on
I can try it out and report back,
> This is a messy dataset, which may be part of the cause. But OTOH,
> it should behave the same way on all platforms and not cause a
> Windows dbf.exe error.
> v.in.ascii input=/Users/cmbarton/schools_el_lu.txt
> output=schools_lu format=point fs=| skip=0 x=1 y=2 z=0 cat=3
> I just tried it and saw it flash a malloc and dbmi error before it
> crashed the GUI
> I'll try the debug on my Mac. I don't think that will work on Windows.
> grass-dev mailing list
> grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
More information about the grass-dev