[GRASS-dev] v.clean tool=rmline thresh= ?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 01:29:12 EST 2008

Martin wrote:
> > > to remove all lines/boundaries shorter than $thresh
> > > v.edit a1 tool=delete query=length type=line,boundary
> > > thresh=-$thresh
Hamish:
> > Excellent. Thanks.
> >
> > > longer than $thresh
> > > v.edit a1 tool=delete query=length type=line,boundary
> > > thresh=-$thresh
> >
> > (did you mean "thresh=$thresh" or "thresh=+$thresh" ?)
>
> sorry, typo, I meant thresh=$thresh (or thresh=+$thresh)
M:
> > > It would be possible to modify rmline tool in v.clean to be
> > > thresh-sensitive. Since v.edit do the job in the better way I
> > > think we can leave rmline as it is.
H:
> > ok, but it's a bit inconsistent.
M:
> to rename rmline, to rmzeroline ?

I thought it might be nice to eventually add thresh support to
v.clean's rmline, even if it is a redundant method. tool=rmline is
redundant too (v.edit thresh=0.0), so it's no worse... I hesitate to
even suggest this, but even as an embedded system("v.edit query=length
thresh=%f", ...). Well probably a bad thing to do that but I don't
think reimplementing it is enough lines of code to worry about the
evils of code duplication or moving it to a common lib fn.

Hamish