[GRASS-dev] GRASS in a usability review

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Fri Feb 15 04:53:17 EST 2008

On 13.02.2008 23:57, Tim Michelsen wrote:
> Hello GRASS developers,
> OpenUsabilty has opened a call for projects to participate the SoC like
> usability review. The deadline is the 20.02.2008.
>
> Since I think that GRASS could really benefit from such a opportunity I
> took the freedom to create a wiki page on this issue:
> http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/Usability

> What do you think?

Yes! That would be a great opportunity, not to be missed. I think we
should definitely participate. What does that require from us? (In SoC
we needed to assign a Mentor) The user interfaces could use guidelines
from usability experts, to point out things which we might take for
granted, streamlining the UI and maybe something else.

> I hope that my thoughts and idea is welcomed and look forward to discuss
> this issue with you.

As I said I think we should use this opportunity as long as we have the
means. I'm always interested in talking about usability for GRASS. Hope
we get some more interest then in the past...

--Wolf

--

<:3 )---- Wolf Bergenheim ----( 8:>