[GRASS-dev] cvs>svn?

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Jan 7 09:36:24 EST 2008

On Jan 7, 2008 11:30 AM, Paul Kelly <paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Jan 2008, Martin Landa wrote:
>
> [...]
> > SVN of course, CVS is dead. Webpages are still not updated completely.
> > BTW it would be great to start migration webpages to Drupal. AFAIU we
> > are waiting for LDAP-Drupal synchronization(?).
>
> Would that mean updates to the website would have to be done through a
> web-based interface?

Yes.

> I'm not sure I'm keen on that. When making a change
> to the website it's good to be able to grep to see where the thing you are
> changing is mentioned, and change all occurences. But I don't update the
> website very often (hardly at all), so I guess my extra work isn't a big
> factor :)

Agreed :)
Given my 10 years of GRASS Web site experience in which I still hold 90%
of all changes in average (!) I opt for a Web based solution to get more
people involved. The much liked "vim" approach apparently doesn't
scale.

Yet we are waiting to get Drupal enabled (temporarily
http://grass-dev.osgeo.net/).

Markus