[GRASS-dev] Case of description.html tags?

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Fri Jan 11 12:51:58 EST 2008

Does it matter whether or not the html tags in the description.html files are upper
or lower case? I've read that The W3C recommends lowercase tags in their HTML 4 recommendation,
and XHTML (the next generation HTML) demands lowercase tags. And if we're trying to
standardize the docs anyway, it might not be a bad idea.

Some reasons for using lowercase tage are given here:
http://www.htmlbasictutor.ca/html-tag-attributes.htm

If I'm editing many of the docs anyway, I can make the case changes as I make content-related edits.
I could probably also write a script to take care of it in one go.

~ Eric.