R: [GRASS-dev] GRASS-6.3.0RC4 Windows Native Binary (MSYS) Build Errors

marco.pasetti at alice.it marco.pasetti at alice.it
Thu Jan 24 08:32:23 EST 2008

Hi Moritz,

Thanks for your reply.

>Please look at (and amend)
http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/WinGRASS_Current_Status <http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/WinGRASS_Current_Status>

About this document I've got some questions:

1) [...] The port is of the current cvs branch GRASS 6.3. There are no ports of earlier versions [...]

I used 6.3.0RC4 source code (as I told you)... should I use a snapshot instead? (i.e. http://download.osgeo.org/grass/grass63/source/snapshot/grass-6.3.svn_src_snapshot_2008_01_19.tar.gz)
Actually I never used CVS, and in windows (using MSYS) I don't know if it works (and how does it works!)
Some suggestions?

2) [...] You also have to erase $(MANDIR) $(MANPAGES) from line 13 of man/Makefile, i.e. 'default: $(MANDIR) $(MANPAGES)' -> 'default:'. [...]

I'm reffering mainly to this wiki http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/BuildingFromSource#head-780e111c05f2c81b08bb55f1c8ad322cd6351fc1
This is a wiki on woh to build qgis, and contains all instructions on how to build grass Windows Native Binary to be included in qgis (so without GUI).
The previous instruction is not included, but building works though.

3) [...] After compiling you should copy libxdr.dll, libproj.dll, libpng.dll, libgdal-1.dll and libz.dll.1.2.3 into the GRASS lib directory and all the GDAL and PROJ .exe files in the bin directory into the GRASS bin directory [...]

Is this necessary even if I want to run grass only i qgis?

>However, what would be good to study and solve are the compilation
>errors for r.terraflow and r.li*...

OK. I'll work on that...

Thanks,

Marco