[GRASS-dev] svn seems to complete commit to repository, but hang locally

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Jan 25 18:59:00 EST 2008

I've never had the SVN hang for me while doing a commit, checkout, or
update on my Mac in the short time it has been up.

However, it recently took all day to do an SVN checkout from our lab
FC6 box. We tried it several times and finally just went off and left
it.

Michael
______________________________
Michael Barton, Professor
Professor of Anthropology
Director of Graduate Studies
School of Human Diversity & Social Change
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice: 480-965-6262; fax: 480-965-7671

On Jan 25, 2008, at 3:52 PM, grass-dev-request at lists.osgeo.org wrote:

> Message: 5
> Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 15:23:12 -0500
> From: Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com>
> Subject: Re: [GRASS-dev] svn seems to complete commit to repository,
> 	but hang	locally
> To: "Patton, Eric" <epatton at nrcan.gc.ca>
> Cc: grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
>
> Patton, Eric wrote:
>>
>>> Eric,
>>>
>>> I was told that this happens when the CIA IRC bot hangs
>>> (http://cia.vc/stats/project/GRASS).
>>>
>>> The SVN server should be ok. If you can access IRC, you could in
>>> those moments
>>> irc://irc.freenode.net/osgeo
>>> or