[GRASS-dev] svn seems to complete commit to repository, but hang locally

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 25 19:10:03 EST 2008

Eric:
> > I'm having trouble with svn today...for some reason, the svn
> > commit hangs at "Transmitting file data ." even though the
> > commit seems to have been completed and is browse-able on the
> > repository.
> >Has anyone had trouble uploading commits? Server problem, maybe?

I have had the same problem with the OSGeo svn server last week.
WevSVN showed that the change was there but the svn command did not
return. I figured out the same solution as Frank, ie ^C, svn cleanup,
svn update.

Just now I have had it stall on me again. I left it and switched away
to another workspace but after 3-5 minutes it had finished. Certainly
smells like some sort of network block (misconfigured firewall dropping
instead of rejecting packets?) which waits for a timeout.

Does svn have a super-verbose/debug mode?

Hamish