[GRASS-dev] debugging nviz with TclTk 8.5 aqua

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Jul 24 00:00:31 EDT 2008

On Jul 23, 2008, at 10:41 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:

>> It pretty much worked. BUT the weird thing was that the main GUI
>> was in tcltk x11 and only nviz was in tcltk aqua. Most stuff
>> worked. Font setting did not work. When I tried to add a new raster
>> surface from within NVIZ, it crashed.
>
> Ah, I didn't try the GUI, or adding another raster...
>
> Hmm, GUI doesn't start: "unable to execute command".  Maybe the OSX
> startup didn't get the right setting for wish.  I'll look into that.

Ah, the OSX app startup logic is warped for setting GRASS_WISH and
GRASS_TCLSH.  I need to work on that.

Another thing I noticed - probably something that changed in Xcode in
recent versions, but the TCLTK_INTERNAL= gets interpreted as unset now
in the makefile.  So this works:

export TCLTK_INTERNAL=" "

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

[Trillian]  What are you supposed to do WITH a maniacally depressed
robot?

[Marvin]  You think you have problems?  What are you supposed to do if
you ARE a maniacally depressed robot?  No, don't try and answer, I'm
50,000 times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the
answer...

- HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy