[GRASS-dev] debugging nviz with TclTk 8.5 aqua

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Jul 28 16:23:13 EDT 2008

On Jul 28, 2008, at 3:06 PM, Michael Barton wrote:

>> I never got a clarification from Michael (or I missed it) if -L/usr/
>> lib was in his link command for NVIZ.  That would have confused the
>> linking, if it was before the tcltk -L flag.
>
> Hi,
>
> I never messed with anything in platform.make except for the
> TCLTKLIB section that you mentioned.

What I was looking for was in the make output - the command that links
nvwish.  You could probably just as easily check if "-L/usr/lib" is
*anywhere* in platform.make.

It could still happen in the current configure state, though may not
affect linking.  It would be good to know if it's there.  Maybe try
dev branch, the configure changes aren't ported yet (still need work).

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Theory of the Universe

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly
what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely
inexplicable.  There is another theory which states that this has
already happened.

-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy 2nd season intro