[GRASS-dev] Issues of 6.5 build on WinXP

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Dec 30 01:47:18 EST 2009

Michael Barton wrote:

> Could you clarify what it is you are referring to about autocompletion?
> Are you talking about the command console or the layer manager?

I'm talking about the parameter dialogs which are generated for each
command (menuform.py).

Whenever I type a character into the map name field (or delete a
character, etc), there's a noticable pause. As soon as the contents of
the map name field match an existing map name, there's a much longer
pause; if DEBUG is set, the GUI simply hangs at this point and has to
be killed.

The delays are much worse for d.vect than for d.rast.