[GRASS-dev] ps3.map: join two rasters

E. Jorge Tizado ejtizado at ono.com
Mon Feb 16 18:09:30 EST 2009

Thanks to all

Before I send any code to grass servers I ask how. At the moment this is a
subdir of ps/ and the only change in grass standard files is the Makefile of
the ps/ subdir adding ps3.map to SUBDIRS list.

I prefer rename this module as ps3.map because I try update poscript code
(many responsabilities has the ps code now) to level 3 (I have in mind
smoothing gradientes and this is only in PS3).

It is interesting the posibility of gradient legend in CELL map; it is easy to
program, I try it. The actual legend with gradient look as
ps_map_legend_float.jpg.

But the better improve (just run without problems) is merge two raster maps as
shown in ps3_map_raster.jpg (this was the mother of all changes :). Of course
without any cost in size of ps file, this work directly on the original
raster image, thus no more bytes of size to the file (option of second map is
color o gradient of one color -gray, blue, ....).

--
E. Jorge Tizado