[GRASS-dev] ps3.map: join two rasters

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Tue Feb 17 03:58:04 EST 2009

Those layouts are gorgeous. Once the SVN integration is done, would you
be willing to put some tutorial on the GRASS Wiki to show users how to
generate such maps with ps3.map?

Cheers,

Ben

E. Jorge Tizado wrote:
> Thanks to all
>
> Before I send any code to grass servers I ask how. At the moment this is a
> subdir of ps/ and the only change in grass standard files is the Makefile of
> the ps/ subdir adding ps3.map to SUBDIRS list.
>
> I prefer rename this module as ps3.map because I try update poscript code
> (many responsabilities has the ps code now) to level 3 (I have in mind
> smoothing gradientes and this is only in PS3).
>
> It is interesting the posibility of gradient legend in CELL map; it is easy to
> program, I try it. The actual legend with gradient look as
> ps_map_legend_float.jpg.
>
> But the better improve (just run without problems) is merge two raster maps as
> shown in ps3_map_raster.jpg (this was the mother of all changes :). Of course
> without any cost in size of ps file, this work directly on the original
> raster image, thus no more bytes of size to the file (option of second map is
> color o gradient of one color -gray, blue, ....).

Benjamin Ducke
Senior Applications Support and Development Officer

Oxford Archaeology Ltd
Janus House
Osney Mead
OX2 0ES