[GRASS-dev] ps3.map: join two rasters

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Feb 17 17:19:06 EST 2009

E. Jorge Tizado wrote:

> Before I send any code to grass servers I ask how. At the moment this is a
> subdir of ps/ and the only change in grass standard files is the Makefile of
> the ps/ subdir adding ps3.map to SUBDIRS list.

I'm assuming that ps3.map shares a great deal of code with ps.map. If
you make it a separate module, then any bugfixes or other changes made
to ps.map would probably also need to be made to ps3.map.

> I prefer rename this module as ps3.map because I try update poscript code
> (many responsabilities has the ps code now) to level 3 (I have in mind
> smoothing gradientes and this is only in PS3).

The PostScript level should be decided via a program option, not
through a separate program.

While I appreciate that "cloning" is simpler, it isn't really an
acceptable practice.

If you want to maintain ps3.map as a separate module for the time
being, that's an option.

However: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should ps3.map be added to SVN as if
it is entirely new code. The relationship between the modified files
and their originals MUST be known to SVN. IOW, the files must be added
by first using "svn copy" on the exact version of ps.map on which
ps3.map is based, then modified from there.

Personally, I suggest creating an "enhancement" ticket in Trac for
ps3.map, creating a diff between ps3.map and the corresponding version
of ps.map, and attaching the diff to the ticket.