[GRASS-dev] database driver errors from wish tcltk gui on mac

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Mar 15 22:48:49 EDT 2009

On Mar 15, 2009, at 7:25 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:

> Start GRASS with the tcltk GUI as the default (g.gisenv
> set=GRASS_GUI=tcltk if it doesn't, and start GRASS again).  Select a
> mapset (or drag-n-drop a mapset to start GRASS).
>
> Add a vector to the map.
>
> Down at the bottom of the vector properties pane, click the "Show
> attribute data" button.
>
> error
>

> I also tried labelling a point vector (bugsites in spearfish) with
> one of its attributes, and that works.

OK. I CAN duplicate this weird problem. Only with the autogui startup.
It gives a dbmi protocol error

db.select table=archsites database=/Users/Shared/grassdata/
Spearfish60_test/PERMANENT/dbf/ driver=dbf
Bad file descriptor: dup r
dbmi: Protocol error
Unable to start driver <dbf>

This command doesn't via tcltk, though it does work from the terminal.

If you start up tcltk via g.gui tcltk&, it works fine.

Anyone out there -- What happens in startup AFTER the TclTk gui is
launched that might make db.select work with the following?

start up GRASS in TclTk GUI mode
db.select does NOT work (error above)
quit Tcltk
g.gui tcltk&