[GRASS-dev] python grass problems on OSX (Incompatible library version for module)

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon May 11 10:18:09 EDT 2009

On May 11, 2009, at 1:02 AM, massimo di stefano wrote:

>>> outside a running GRASS, it works from python.  From python started
>>> inside a GRASS shell, it doesn't work.
>>
>> That sounds like multiple versions.
>

> How to avoid this problem?
> has my system hardcoded some where the existence oh other grss
> version? can i masherate/eliminate something?

Build them as Mac applications, and they won't interfere with each
other.  See the source macosx readme.  Though even as a unix build
they shouldn't, since each is in a self-contained version-named folder.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"The beast is actively interested only in now, and, as it is always
now and always shall be, there is an eternity of time for the
accomplishment of objects."

- the wisdom of Tarzan