[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #604: /usr/lib/grass64/etc/grass-run.sh does not work properly when called by gis.m to execute in a external xterm

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Wed May 20 01:22:44 EDT 2009

#604: /usr/lib/grass64/etc/grass-run.sh does not work properly when called by
gis.m to execute in a external xterm
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  frankie   |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
      Type:  defect    |      Status:  new
 Component:  Tcl       |     Version:  6.4.0 RCs
Resolution:            |    Keywords:  xterm
  Platform:  Linux     |         Cpu:  Unspecified
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Comment (by hamish):

 Replying to [comment:20 glynn]:
 > Okay, that's essentially the code which "term" uses.

 right, was trying to get back to known solid ground.

 > But you can simplify it a bit, as there's no need to split
 > $cmd into $cmd_exe and $args;

 done.

 > Yep; a brace-delimited string must have the braces at the
 > beginning and end; you can't put them in the middle like
 > with quotes in bash.

 ok, gis.m docs updated to note that. It wasn't the root of the problem but
 I'm guessing it didn't help any in my debugging attempts.

 I've also now committed the equivalent fix for DOS in 6.5svn.

 if no objections I'll start backporting to the 6.4 branch.

 Hamish

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/604#comment:21>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>