[GRASS-dev] Shell scripts

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Nov 24 18:33:34 EST 2009

The following shell scripts are still being installed in GRASS 7:

etc/Init.sh
etc/gui/scripts/d.path.sh
etc/prompt.sh
etc/wxpython/scripts/p.rast
etc/wxpython/scripts/p.cmd
etc/wxpython/scripts/p.mon
etc/wxpython/scripts/p.db
etc/wxpython/scripts/p.vect
bin/nviz

etc/Init.sh should probably remain as a fallback in case Python isn't
installed (it's called from grass70.sh, which is installed in e.g.
/usr/local/bin).

etc/prompt.sh could be converted or could remain as a shell script.
It's only used in conjunction with bash.

bin/nviz should be redundant once the Tcl/Tk NVIZ is replaced with the
wxPython version, but that may take a while.

The remaining question is whether d.path.sh and the p.* scripts should
be converted to Python or removed. I don't think that d.path.sh works
with the GUI. The p.* scripts appear to be an attempt to implement
d.mon-like behaviour for the GUI, but I don't know whether this is
functional.