[GRASS-dev] Some wxGUI tests on Windows

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 1 14:16:58 EDT 2009

Markus wrote:
> today I had occasion to test on a colleague's computer the
> latest binary package.
> Here a list of some issues I came across (tell me which
> should become a ticket):

(we need more of this, thanks)

> - Map canvas: zoom to RGB layer finishes in the 0..1 space
>   (solution might be to zoom to one channel of the RGB
> set?)

is this the one fixed by Marin yesterday?

> - closing the message window which tells that the digitizer
> is unavailable kills the entire GUI
>
> - r.shaded.relief doesn't show any error but the result is
> completely NULL.
>   Perhaps due to the fact that it is a shell script?
> If so, I would suggest
>   to add a Windows test and to bail out rather than
> continue unless it is substituted with the Python version
> (6.4.1?).

I will try to hijack a PC in the office at lunch to confirm.
AFAIK all shell scripts just worked. The only problematic
ones were the wrapper scripts in $GISBASE/etc/gui/scripts/
which had either (not sure which) PATH, PYTHONPATH, PATHEXT,
or post-parser-can't-find-it-anymore problems.

> - i.group does not permit to select a subgroup (apparently
> the list isn't fetched from the group file). Adding it
> manually works.
>
> - i.maxlik seems to be unable to read the signature file:
> ill-conditioned signatures for all classes. It *seems* to
> be an issue to read the encoding of the ASCII signature file.
> Any G_getl() which should be G_getl2()?

grass65:

develbranch_6/lib/imagery$ grep G_getl *
ls_groups.c:    while (G_getl(buf, sizeof(buf), ls)) {
ls_groups.c:    while (G_getl(buf, sizeof(buf), ls)) {
points.c:    while (G_getl(buf, sizeof buf, fd)) {
title.c:        G_getl(title, n, fd);

develbranch_6/lib/imagery$ grep fgets *
group.c:    while (fgets(buf, sizeof buf, fd)) {

so, yes.

>   If so, what's the purpose of still keeping G_getl()?

beware if def'n of buffer size of n or n-1 may differ, and
if return type is a little different (I think that's mainly
between fgets() and G_getl2(), but not sure)

Hamish