[GRASS-dev] grass/wx 6.4 problems on Debian sid.

Francesco P. Lovergine frankie at debian.org
Wed Oct 7 10:24:59 EDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 03:46:40PM +0200, Martin Landa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2009/10/7 Francesco P. Lovergine <frankie at debian.org>:
>
> [...]
>
> > swig 1.3.39 instead of 1.3.36
> > wxpython 2.8.7 instead of 2.8.10
> >
> > I suspect the main problem is swig, due to past experiences. What are
> > the reference versions suggested currently? I would suggest to
> > distribute swig generated stuff by default and allowing re-building
> > on demand. That solved various swig-related problems in the past.
>
> yes, downgrade to swig 1.3.36 helps. I hope to have more time to dig
> into the problem.
>
> Martin

Yep, indeed it works with current testing swig. And it also fixes the problem
issued for 3d view by other users. As said, it would be a good idea adding
known working swig stuff to the source tarball, as gdal does. It is almost
impossible having the same swig version installed on all systems and swig
is a know source of problems...

--
Francesco P. Lovergine