[GRASS-dev] Re: bundling wxpython - solves 6.4 digitizer problem

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Sep 21 15:50:13 EDT 2009

On Sep 21, 2009, at 1:47 PM, Michael Barton wrote:

>> Also, make sure there is only one wx path file in your site-packages,
>> that points to your only installed wx.
>
> How can I check this path?

It's a text file.  The current one is named wxredirect.pth.  In the
past I think it used wx.pth, or some variation.

>> All these new optios do is automate what you've done in the past with
>> CFLAGS and LDFLAGS, and make sure that architectures are not compiled
>> for wx stuff that are not available (ie when you build a 64bit
>> GRASS).
>>

> Something somehow has changed in the Mac compiling. That was the
> easy thing to check. I'm lost as to a suggestion beyond that.

Hmmm... a couple weeks ago, based on a comment by Glynn, I made vdigit
link the wx libraries* instead of expecting to have them loaded
already by Python. (since vdigit makes direct use of wx libraries)
Maybe this is it.

wx nviz doesn't use the wx libraries, so it doesn't link them even now
- has there been any problem with nviz?

* http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/39020

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"This is a question about the past, is it? ... How can I tell that the
past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy between
my immediate physical sensations and my state of mind?"

- The Ruler of the Universe