[GRASS-dev] Re: bundling wxpython - solves 6.4 digitizer problem

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Sep 21 16:06:43 EDT 2009

Michael Barton wrote:

> > Also, make sure there is only one wx path file in your site-packages,
> > that points to your only installed wx.
>
> How can I check this path?

Look for a file along the lines of:

	.../python2.5/site-packages/wx.pth

This will contain the (possibly relative) path of a directory to be
added to the Python module path.

E.g. I have:

	$ cat /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/wx.pth
	wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode

This causes the directory

	/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode

to be added to the module path, so "import wx" loads the file

	/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/__init__.py

However: I'm not sure whether wx.pth is actually relevant if wxversion
is used, as it modifies sys.path itself.