[GRASS-dev] dropping d.linegraph, d.colorlist

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Jun 9 06:55:14 EDT 2010

Hamish wrote:

> any objections to removing the d.linegraph module from trunk?

i.spectral uses it (unless you use the -g option).

> it is off-topic, better implemented by pyPlot (which the wxGUI profile
> tool is using), and yet another module to maintain.

PyPlot can't be considered a *replacement* for any d.* modules until
there's a defined mechanism to use it such that:

1. GRASS_PNGFILE etc are honoured.

2. Any plot where the axes use spatial coordinates aligns with maps
generated by d.* commands.

#2 isn't applicable to d.linegraph, but #1 is.

If you're concerned about maintenance, I'd suggest rewriting
d.linegraph as a script which uses d.graph for output.