[GRASS-dev] wxGUI in GRASS 6.4.1

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 14:14:01 EDT 2010

Hi,

2010/10/14 Michael Barton <Michael.Barton at asu.edu>:
> I agree with Martin and the rest. Backporting is a good idea. It will make for a better final GRASS 6 (i.e., whatever 6.5 becomes) and it will be minimal disruption to users since we already made the wxPython GUI the default at the last minute for 6.4.0.

wxGUI updated in r43911, please test wxGUI in relbr64 if possible.
That's very important to make wxGUI stable for 6.4.1. There some open
issues, ctypes are not included in relbr64 at this point, so wxnviz is
not working. Generally speaking ctypes could be backported from devbr6
to relbr64 without significant problems. The problem is that ctypes
are not working on Windows in 6.5 (versioned x unversioned grass
libs). I would like to reopen discussion about backporting the
building system from 7.0 to 6.5 (and later to 6.4.1). This could help
to solve many open issue - one of them is to make ctypes working on
Windows. Glynn pointed out some days ago that it's quite complicated
to include besides python scripting support also bash scripts in
trunk. I think that it's very important to include also bash support
in building system in GRASS 7. It would also make possible backporting
the building system from trunk to devbr6 and relbr64.

Martin