[GRASS-dev] GSoC Week 12 Report: Graphical User Interface for the hydrological tools r.stream* in GRASS GIS

Margherita Di Leo dileomargherita at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 14:17:10 EDT 2011

Hi All,

This week I worked at preview function. I am trying to add the display from
which user is supposed to select the point that is the centre of the smaller
region of preview. Actually I used a customized class inheriting from
GMFrame class (wxgui.py) and wx.Frame, and tried to draw the DEM map with a
MapLayer class (render.py). This solution doesn't work properly, because it
raises a new Layer Manager + Map Display, but doesn't draw the DEM in the
canvas. (The code has been committed if someone is willing to test).
Anyway i figured out that it's not the best solution, because it raises a
new Layer Manager + Map Display, and I wanted just a Map Display instead. So
I am currently trying to use the classes in mapdisp_window.py. This is not a
piece of cake, as I am failing all my tentatives, and got fairly stuck at
the moment. My problem is essentially that I get no errors but no Display
raises. I didn't find any answer reading the documentation [0].

Thanks,

madi

[0] http://grass.osgeo.org/programming7/mapdisp__window_8py.html

--