[GRASS-dev] where to store GRASS settings: GISRC and wx settings

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 13:03:36 EDT 2011

Hi,

2011/8/30 Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu>:
> To release 6.4.2 this, we may need to roll back some in-development features like the graphical modeler and interactive cartography module that have crept into GRASS 6.4 from GRASS 7. These are really great new tools and I strongly support their addition to GRASS, but they are still in development and should not have been added to the 6.x line.

I think it's not good idea. wxGUI Modeler and wxGUI ps.map are not
finished, but used by the user (I got several mails about the modeler)
and maintained. Compared to other wxGUI components there are not
significantly worse or non-functional (maybe better then others). We
can marked them as "experimental". We are close to 6.4.2, please don't
touch anything in wxGUI, only bug-fixes are allowed. To be honest, I
don't believe that 6.4.2 will the last version of 6.x.

Speaking about 7.0, it will take longer time to release, we would need
more active developers to cover at least basic features we would wish
for G7.

Martin