[GRASS-dev] where to store GRASS settings: GISRC and wx settings

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Aug 30 16:20:24 EDT 2011

Martin Landa wrote:

> Speaking about 7.0, it will take longer time to release, we would need
> more active developers to cover at least basic features we would wish
> for G7.

The easiest way to get more active developers for 7.0 is to cease
allowing new features to be added to 6.x.

Personally, I'd just kill the 6.5 branch. If something is too major to
go into 6.4.x, it should be reserved for 7.0.

FWIW, I don't think that fundamental changes to the raster library are
feasible for 7.0. They'll just push back the release date to "never".