[GRASS-dev] compiling errors - grass65svn compiled in the osgeo4w-stack

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 2 18:36:03 EDT 2011

Martin wrote:
> wouldn't be better to sync makefile systems in GRASS6 with
> GRASS7 and require 3.81 also for GRASS6?

please follow the path of least change to fix bugs in the stable
branch.

every time we change something major in the stable branch, the
QA-stability clock gets reset to zero.

Helmut wrote:
> $ make --version
> GNU Make version 3.79.1, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.

speaks for itself.

some times for external reasons users may not be able or want
to upgrade some working machine. If compatibility is broken for
older versions, please let it be for a very very good reason.

thanks,
Hamish