[GRASS-dev] grass7 - renamed optiont

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at ncsu.edu
Sat Jun 11 22:53:00 EDT 2011

In grass7 the names of options for some commands were changed
(but the manuals were not updated).
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Grass7/NewFeatures#Renamedoptions

I would like to update the manuals for r.flow, r.sim.water and r.sim.sediment,
to reflect the change but first I would like to ask - is this change really necessary?
(everything that has r.flow in it from scripts to tutorials will need to be updated)

If yes, I would like to change the two last options to more meaningful terms as follows:

6.4      ->        7.               proposed
elevin -> elevation
aspin -> aspect
barin -> barrier
flout -> flowline
lgout -> flowpath --> length
dsout -> density --> accumulation (or just accum?)

any feedback would be welcome

Helena