[GRASS-dev] ctypes naming convention - grass.py

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 21:21:24 EST 2011

Martin wrote:
> is there any special reason why libgis is named in ctypes
> interface as grass.py [1]. I would vote for gis.py to keep
> consistency in names.

fwiw, on a system with many python libraries available, I'd guess
that "import grass" was a lot more specific than "import gis".

I'd assume most people have more than one GIS software installed,
and many GIS software do python these days, so would the change
lead to conflicts? or would it just be exposed internally?

Hamish