[GRASS-dev] parsing file paths in GRASS Scripts- Windows OS

katrin eggert katrineggert1980 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 13:35:33 EDT 2011

Hi There

I talked with Helmut, since he is an Win-GRASS expert user, and we have done
this test with WinGRASS (Bash Scripts):
r.out.xyz input=<whatever but it can be elevation> output=C:\delete\ai.txt

If I run this in WinGRASS text mode it places the data in file
c:\deleteai.txt (it ignores the '\'
If I run this in WinGRASS text mode but I place " " around the ouput it runs
OK and places the data in c:\delete\ai.txt

If I run this in WinGRASS wxPYTHON GUI it places the data in file
c:\deleteai.txt
If I run this in WinGRASS wxPYTHON GUI but I place " " around the the output
path it does not run and it get this error:
"C:Deleteai.txt": No such file or directory

So this is a problem of WxPython in Windows when it gets the file paths and
it sends to Scripts (Python or Bash Script)

Any suggestion on how to solve this?

Thanks
Katrin