[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.4.2RC1 planning

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 29 18:08:05 EDT 2011

--- On Thu, 9/29/11, Helmut Kudrnovsky <hellik at web.de> wrote:
Glynn:
> >> Also, AFAICT the installer doesn't attempt to fix ${prefix}
> >> to match the actual installation directory, so if the user
> >> chooses a different location, Platform.make will be wrong.
Hamish:
> > right; not really sure how to do an 'sed -i' at install
> > timewith the nsi installer tools.
Helmut:
> as I remember correctly, there are some routines in the
> nsis-installer which are able to do this.
>
> which lines should be adapted by the nsis-installer?

GRASS_HOME and RUN_GISBASE

(to respond to Glynn's suggestion to split the files: not a
general solution, but: can these values be overridden on the
command line at runtime using g.extension's prefix= answer?
at least that would help for g.extension)

here's the sed I used to replace it with "/usr/lib/grass64"
on debian:

        # adjust from build-server build dir to end-user's install dir
        sed -i -e "s+^\(GRASS_HOME[ ]*=\) .*+\1 /usr/lib/$(BASE_NAME)+" \
                -e "s+^\(RUN_GISBASE[ ]*=\) .*+\1 /usr/lib/$(BASE_NAME)+" \
                debian/tmp/usr/lib/$(BASE_NAME)/include/Make/Platform.make

Hamish