[GRASS-dev] nviz_cmd in winGRASS

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 29 23:32:15 EDT 2011

Martin wrote:
> I would prefer to rename nviz_cmd to m.nviz.image also in
> GRASS6. It's quite new module which is not used by normal users,

who among us are normal users? :-)

(but seriously, I think one of the great draws of grass is that
it lets you do (or adapt the code to) odd-ball tasks which less
modifiable software lock you out of. it's a big reason why I first
started using it)

> so I think that we could rename it too (before 6.4.2).

sounds good to me. see grass64/scripts/r.cats for a model of
leaving behind a link to the old name, if that's necessary.
(is the 6.x version scriptable?)

Hamish