[GRASS-dev] GRASS 7 wish: Keyword index

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 9 16:20:14 PST 2013

Markus wrote:
> So, the script needs to scan all modules for their keywords
> and then create a page which relates the keywords to module
> names.
> Hope this clarifies the idea. At time we cannot easily look
> up which modules offer a certain functionality.

sounds like a job for a sqlite db. (see e.g. tools/sql.sh)
 [please can we rename "sql.sh" to something more informative?]

for tools/module_synopsis.sh what I did is try a clean build with
all options turned on, then run though the bin/ and scripts/ dirs
and run --interface-description on everything.
 http://grassold.osgeo.org/gdp/grassmanuals/grass64_module_list.html#db

another way is to cd into doc/html/ and parse all the files there.
(html is a marked-up format at its root, doesn't hurt to use that)

Hamish