[GRASS-dev] wxNviz issue: no visual output

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 05:08:53 PDT 2015

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 7:11 AM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> while teaching at the Geostat2015 I had some suprising issue: in
> general no problem with wxNVIZ but in the following situation there is
> no output (also for the course participants, various OS):
>
> NC location
>
> # set computational region to map (using map metadata)
> g.region raster=elev_lid792_1m -p
>
> # flow accumulation with MFD
> r.watershed elevation=elev_lid792_1m accumulation=flowacc
>
> r.info -r flowacc
> min=0
> max=91047
>
> - show map in wxGUI: ok
> - 3D view: white
>
> No error message. I tried to adjust the view parameters but no way...

I assume you wanted to display the dem with the flowacc draped over it? In
this case you have to switch off the flowacc layer because it's not a
surface - you set it as color of the dem surface.
If you leave flowacc there, it tries to display it as a surface, but
flowacc has crazy high values and the display can't really show it. If you
tweak vertical ex. and height long enough you can eventually display it.

Does anyone have an idea?