[GRASS-dev] Unable to rename cell/null file - NULL file messed up

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 04:44:36 PST 2015

When running a script (r.biodiversity) in GRASS 7.0 for Windows, I am
getting the warning:

WARNING: Unable to rename cell file
'C:\GIS\GrassJvdS/latlong/YLD_NUT/.tmp/unknown/3988.0' to
'C:\GIS\GrassJvdS/latlong/YLD_NUT/fcell/Shan3_CA_Renyi_0_0': File exists
WARNING: Unable to rename null file
'C:\GIS\GrassJvdS/latlong_2005/YLD_NUT/.tmp/unknown/4100.1' to
'C:\GIS\GrassJvdS/latlong_2005/YLD_NUT/cell_misc/Shan3_CA_Renyi_1_0/null':
File exists

The script does create the output files, but the NULL file seems to be
messed up, as large parts of the map are rendered as no-data. Removing and
then recreating the null file seems to solve the problem.

However, there still is another issue: r.info shows that the range of
values is e.g., min = -0  max = 2.98928848941905. This is as expected. Yet,
when clicking on the map with the query button, the query results show
negative values.

I thought this was related to g.rename, but that function runs without
problems. Perhaps something with permission: to run the script I just
copied it to the script folder
(c:/users/user1/appdata/roaming/grass7/addons/bin) (I did not install with
g.extension because that does not seem to work for GRASS at the moment).

Running the same on Linux results in the correct map, with none of the
problems listed above. Any idea what I am doing wrong / how this can be
solved?

Paulo