[GRASS-dev] osgeo4w package for GRASS 7

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 14:29:20 PST 2015

Hi,

> We should follow somewhat the naming scheme in OSGeo4W. Here what QGIS does:
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/pkg-qgis
>
> Packages:
>
> qgis: QGIS Desktop
> qgis-server: QGIS Server
> qgis-common: common dependencies of qgis/qgis-server
> qgis-devel: headers and libraries for development
> qgis-oracle-provider: Oracle provider for qgis/qgis-server
> qgis-grass-plugin: GRASS plugin for qgis
> qgis-globe-plugin: GLOBE plugin for qgis
> qgis-full: (extensive) optional dependencies for qgis
> qgis-dev: Nightly build of master
> qgis-full-dev: (extensive) optional dependencies for qgis-dev
> qgis-dev-pdb: debugging symbols for qgis-dev

well, qgis is really an expection, I think they didn't chose a good
naming scheme. Most of the OSGeo4W packages uses -dev postfix for
package with development files (headers, ...). QGIS broke these schema
since they named such packages as -devel and -dev used for daily
package.

I am not sure if we need to follow what QGIS broke. Martin

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa