[GRASS-dev] projection system in metadata [was: Re: <GSoC 2015> <Improved metada for GRASS GIS> <week 4>]

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Jun 22 01:18:46 PDT 2015

Hi Matej,

Thank you for the updates.

I have one question concerning the metadata templates: do I understand
correctly that by default, neither the basic, nor the inspire template
contain a reference to the projection system ?

IIUC, INSPIRE currently does not impose this, but I don't really
understand how such basic information can be missing from the metadata.
What help is the bounding box info, if we don't know in which CRS it is ?

But maybe I'm just missing something...

Moritz