[GRASS-dev] projection system in metadata [was: Re: <GSoC 2015> <Improved metada for GRASS GIS> <week 4>]

Newcomb, Doug doug_newcomb at fws.gov
Mon Jun 22 05:59:44 PDT 2015

Most of the local implementations of best practices for metadata that I
have seen include projection information.  Where I work, there are 6
possible projections that are commonly used.

Doug

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 4:18 AM, Moritz Lennert <
mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:

> Hi Matej,
>
> Thank you for the updates.
>
> I have one question concerning the metadata templates: do I understand
> correctly that by default, neither the basic, nor the inspire template
> contain a reference to the projection system ?
>
> IIUC, INSPIRE currently does not impose this, but I don't really
> understand how such basic information can be missing from the metadata.
> What help is the bounding box info, if we don't know in which CRS it is ?
>
> But maybe I'm just missing something...
>
> Moritz
>
> On 21/06/15 21:04, Matej Krejci wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> below is my report for "Improved metadata for GRASS GIS" project.
>>
>> 1) What do I have completed this week?
>>
>>   * I have finished support of metada for temporal framework.
>>
>> 2) What am I going to achieve for next week?
>>
>>   * Testing, debugging temporal metadata management
>>   * To make smome improvements for temporal metadata management
>>   * Main plan for next week is to start with designing pycsw catalogue
>>     browser
>>
>> 3) Is there any blocking issue?
>>
>>   * I spent more time than I expected with ISO 19108 documentation

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov
The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of the
Interior.   Life is too short for undocumented, proprietary data formats.