[GRASS-dev] GRASS flyer for the new osgeo branding

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 23:52:35 PDT 2017

On 25 July 2017 at 04:01, Vaclav Petras <wenzeslaus at gmail.com> wrote:

> One of the triangles at the bottom is white (the overall background is
> transparent). Is that an intention?

it seems yes, I just copied the osgeo one..

> A long term endeavor: the whole paragraph shows bold for me.

also in the osgeo one, but I really don't like it, however if others
like this I can easily modified this.
Do you think all the paragraphs?

> Interoperability: I would remove gstat since AFAIU it is retired. There may
> be better candidates for that place. For example, we are successfully using
> GRASS with Blender (although the heavy lifting is mostly done on the Blender
> part thanks to Blender GIS plugin & GDAL). ParaView may be a better
> candidate.

ok for gstat, I will add Blender, Paraview is already there with VTK,
maybe replace VTK with Paraview?

> G Logo: You have there logo without text with GRASS GIS next to it, so it
> looks like a logo. We need to be careful with that and keep the brand. I
> agree that we need a more horizontal logo and that we can have a logo in
> OSGeo colors (as an alternative). I'm attaching Vincent's version with text
> but in OSGeo colors (or close to them - there was still some confusion when
> I was grabbing those).

I don't see the logo, however with i'm going to add the logo with
GRASS GIS text in black and leave also the GRASS GIS text with OSGeo
colors

> OSGeo logo: It is not there, should be?

I don't think so, because the idea is to fill the OSGeo brochure [0]
(there will be some changed also here) with the interested OSGeo
projects/initiatives for each people going to OSGeo booth

no, the OSGeo flyer has no, do you prefer grass.osgeo.org only?

[0] https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/blob/master/marketing/print/brochure_a3.pdf

--
ciao
Luca