[GRASS-dev] r.in.wms datum error during import: differing PROJ representations

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Feb 14 11:59:37 PST 2018

Hi,

I tried to get in EOX' cloudless Sentinel-2 cover but got a projection
matching error (same in trunk) due to different representations:

# nc_spm_08_grass7

g.region raster=elevation -p

r.in.wms url="https://tiles.maps.eox.at/wms?" layers=s2cloudless
output=sentinel2 format=png
Downloading data from WMS server...
Reprojecting raster...
Importing raster map into GRASS...
ERROR: Projection of dataset does not appear to match current location.

       Location PROJ_INFO is:
       name: Lambert Conformal Conic
       proj: lcc
       datum: nad83
       a: 6378137.0
       es: 0.006694380022900787
       lat_1: 36.16666666666666
       lat_2: 34.33333333333334
       lat_0: 33.75
       lon_0: -79
       x_0: 609601.22
       y_0: 0
       no_defs: defined

       Dataset PROJ_INFO is:
       name: unnamed
       ellps: grs80
       proj: lcc
       lat_1: 36.16666666666666
       lat_2: 34.33333333333334
       lat_0: 33.75
       lon_0: -79
       x_0: 609601.22
       y_0: 0
       towgs84: 0,0,0,0,0,0,0
       no_defs: defined

       ERROR: datum

       In case of no significant differences in the projection definitions,
       use the -o flag to ignore them and use current location definition.
       Consider generating a new location from the input dataset using the
       'location' parameter.
ERROR: r.in.gdal failed

The issue here is that the NC sample location was generated 10 years ago.
I don't recall if we have a new lookup magic in place or not... hints
are welcome on how to proceed from here.

thanks
Markus