[GRASS-dev] v.rast.stats parallel process

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Jun 14 04:04:56 PDT 2018

On 14/06/18 12:24, Lorenzo Bottaccioli wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> There is any chance that the v.rast.stats will be paralellized?

You mean to treat several rasters at the same time ?

It shouldn't be too complicated to write a wrapper script for this. I
would imagine the biggest problem to be the handling of the access to
the attribute database file. Not sure that you can have concurrent
access to this file by several parallel processes. If this is an issue,
we would probably have to add the option to output v.rast.stats results
to text files and then load content of these files into at the attribute
table of the vector map at the end...

Moritz