[GRASS-dev] v.rast.stats parallel process

Stefan Blumentrath Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Thu Jun 14 04:20:01 PDT 2018

Yes, access to attributes would be a challenge / bottleneck for parallelisation, esp. if you have many areas in your vector map. Note that not only SQLite but also DBF is still supported (which puts some limitations)...

Please note also: https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3523 for some suggestions for speeding up v.rast.stats (without parallelisation).
Once multiple raster map input is supported, statistics could be computed in parallel for each raster map and then finally uploaded to the attribute table in one single process...
Yet, the region adjustment performed by v.rast.stats would then have to be handled differently from current solution...

I would say it is worth a ticket...

If you want a text file, you could use r.univar directly, no?

Cheers
Stefan