[GRASS-dev] hi

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 01:48:34 PDT 2022

Hi Daniel,

El mié, 3 ago 2022 a las 14:56, Daniel Torres (<nobeeakon at gmail.com>)
escribió:

> Hi guys,
> going back to the search feature in the Grass website. I've taken a look
> at the options in Hugo docs. I think it may not be the best approach to
> have a client based search as it will require loading big pieces of
> data...  in principle all pages, so loading ... all website pages + all
> manual pages  in a single page. Take this one for example:
> https://gist.github.com/cmod/5410eae147e4318164258742dd053993 ; using
> Hugo it creates a json from all pages and then in the search implementation
> it loads a js library and the json.

Well, this sounds similar to Nick's attempt here:
https://github.com/OSGeo/grass-website/pull/131. Have you seen that one?
When I tested it it was super fast too, but for some reason it was not
searching within the page. The link you point claims to be super fast, so
which would be the disadvantages then?

> Other options listed in Hugo's website are paid, like Algolia.

IMHO, paid options are not an option

>  So, maybe it would be better to just take the other approach of using
> Duckduckgo or google in the mean time?

If you prefer any of these, it's also fine. Which would be the
advantages/disadvantages?
In any case, I'd suggest discussing these in the issue, so it's all in the
same place :)

Thanks for taking over this! We really appreciate it!
Vero