[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-PSC] difficult to get GRASS source code package

Veronica Andreo veroandreo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 11:22:30 PST 2022

Hi all,

El lun, 14 feb 2022 a las 18:47, Markus Neteler (<neteler at osgeo.org>)
escribió:

> On Mon, Feb 14, 2022 at 5:08 PM Michael Barton <Michael.Barton at asu.edu>
> wrote:
> >
> > This sounds a bit weird, but with some recent changes to the GRASS
> website, it has become more difficult to find and download a current stable
> release.
> >
> > I went to find a tar/zip package of GRASS 8.0.0 source code to build and
> could not find one from the web site. The links all lead only to the GitHub
> repository.
>
> I agree that it is missing from
> https://grass.osgeo.org/download/

> In my view (I expressed that also in the past) we should link a zip
> file/tarball directly on that page. Just pointing to GH isn't enough
> and we even have the tarballs on the server:
>
> https://grass.osgeo.org/grass80/source/

Currently, there's a link to releases  in the first entry of
https://grass.osgeo.org/download/ that points to
https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/releases. I agree that esp for 8.0.0 the
link to the tarball means a lot of browsing down.
How would you like to include the tarball directly in the website? Would
you mind creating an issue in the website repo?

[image: image.png]

Cheers,
Vero