[GRASS-dev] grass.jupyter Mini Project: Week 5 Recap

Caitlin Haedrich caitlin.haedrich at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 15:30:50 PST 2022

Hello grass-devs and grass-users,

Here's my weekly update on my Mini Project on improving grass.jupyter. Per
usual, you can find more details about the project and a copy of this
report at [1].

*1) What did I accomplish over the past two weeks?*

   - Fixed region handling for InteractiveMap (now, it automatically zooms
   to the computation region or layer added!) and added tiles keyword argument
   so you can use a tile of your choice in the background by passing one of
   folium's defaults or a URL address (cool!) [2]
   - Docstrings, comments, Pylint cleanup, and tempfile clean-up of
   interact_display.py [2]
   - Update grass_jupyter Notebook to include GRASS-folium example [2]

You can test the restructured InteractiveMap and GRASS-folium integration
in Binder at [3].

*2) What do I plan to do next week?*

   - Merge existing PRs
   - Begin functions for viewing vector attributes in Pandas

*3) Am I blocked on anything?*

   - No, I'm not currently blocked on anything.

Feedback, thoughts and comments welcome!

Have a great week,
Caitlin

[1]
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2021/JupyterAndGRASS/MiniGrant2022