[GRASS-dev] addons list empty

Edouard Choinière e.chs at outlook.com
Tue Feb 22 16:21:40 PST 2022

I’m pretty sure it’s the same problem I had on my old windows 10 install.

I had described and found a fix here:

https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/issues/2025#issuecomment-1003441506

What I understand is that the included certificates for Python are outdated, and they are not updated when installing a new GRASS version (through the OSGeo4w setup, like for QGIS), since the Python versions might not change. When I reinstalled my computer with the same versions that had a problem, passing from win10 to win11 on the same day, the problem wasn’t there.
This also caused a problem when trying to download a dataset from the start screen, so you might want to check if you can download a sample location too.

Edouard Choinière